The Latin Mass Society has a permanent office in London and a small paid staff: two full-time, one part-time, plus two freelancers. Our senior member of staff, the General Manager, holds a full-time position with important responsibilities, for the Society's major events, its online shop, and a lot of other things. Our current GM, Stephen Moseling, has been with us for about six years, and having reached pensionable age he is retiring. It has been a pleasure for me to work for him, and the Society has benefitted enormously from him experience and dedication. Our online shop, most obviously, is very much his creation, and has grown enormously over the last few years. Stephen has most recenty overseen a painless move of office, to a larger space.
From the LMS website.
Our present General Manager, Stephen Moseling, will reach retirement age this year and has taken the decision to retire at the end of March, therefore we are looking for a replacement.
The purpose of the role is to support the work of the Society’s volunteer activists, manage an office with a small staff, online shop, and website, and to be the first point of contact for many enquiries to the Society.
The General Manager reports to the Committee of the Society under the Terms of the Constitution, but will deal directly with the Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer on a day-to-day basis to ensure the efficient administration and development of the Society.
The Society's Bookkeeper and IT specialist, Office Assistant, the Editor of the Society’s magazine Mass of Ages, and the Communications Officer, report to the General Manager.
1. To manage the operations of the Office on a day-to-day basis: to supervise the employees of the Society; to make recommendations for the recruitment of replacement or additional staff, to ensure that the work of the Society’s office is carried out efficiently and to report any difficulties to the Officers and Committee; to keep a record of staff attendance and punctuality.
2. To co-ordinate or assist in the organisation of flagship events including training events, retreats, important Masses and Pilgrimages, the Annual General Meeting, and the production of the annual Accounts.
3. To support the Society’s network of Local Representatives.
4. To make recommendations to the Committee, particularly concerning development, the generation of increased publicity, membership and income, and the timely control of expenditure.
5. To attend Committee meetings and other meetings, including with outside bodies, as required by the Committee, and to produce reports and minutes for these meetings.
6. To oversee the production of the Society’s quarterly magazine, Mass of Ages.
7. To fulfil such other activities as may reasonably be from time-to-time required.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience of managing an office
- Experience of book selling to a Catholic market
- Experience of event planning
- Experience of working under pressure
- Experience of working independently and in a small team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A good knowledge and understanding of the UK and international Catholic environment and the Traditional Latin Mass
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Application by CV and covering letter (hard copy or email) to Stephen Moseling, General Manager, The Latin Mass Society, 9 Mallow Street, London EC1Y 8RQ
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 31st January 2023. Interviews will take place in London on Thursday, 9th February 2023.
The Job Specification can be downloaded HERE.
Post a Comment