From 18th February to 29th March, six communities across the UK will unite with 246 other cities over 19 countries for a major simultaneous pro-life mobilisation - the 40 Days for Life campaign. Faithful believers are praying that these efforts will mark the beginning of the end of abortion.
The 40 Days for Life campaign is made up of three simple components. They are:
- Prayer and fasting: inviting people of faith throughout our country and the world to join together for 40 days of fervent prayer and fasting for an end to abortion.
- Community outreach: taking a positive, upbeat pro-life message to every corner of our communities through media efforts, parish and school outreach, petition drives, and public visibility.
- Peaceful vigil: standing for life through a 40-day peaceful public witness outside the local abortion clinic.
The first 40 Days for Life campaign in Bryan/College Station, Texas, in 2004, reduced local abortion rates by 28%. Between 2004 and today, some 559 cities in 27 nations have conducted 40 Days for Life campaigns, with measurable, lifesaving results:
- More than 650,000 people of faith and conscience have joined together to pray and fast for an end to abortion.
- 9,699 children have been saved from abortion - and those are just the ones that we know of.
- 107 abortion workers have quit their jobs.
- And 60 abortion clinics have closed and gone out of business following 40 Days for Life campaigns outside their doors.
Please pray and ask God to show you the unique role He has for you in the 40 Days for Life effort, whether as a prayer volunteer, a vigil participant or helping with community outreach.
If you'd like to get involved with the UK campaign nearest to you, you can view their webpages below: